Friday, December 23, 2011

The warm summer sun
The colorful leaves
The sparkling snow
The puddles in spring

Opened my eyes
Made me see things
I was blind to before
Or had lost interest in

The warmth of your smile
Lifted my heart
The depth of your eyes
Pulled me in

You brought back my laughter
The sparkle in my eyes
Brought life to my life
Gave me drive

Now I bask in the sun
Run through the leaves
Play in the snow
Dance in the rain

I love how you dance right next to me
To the song that you wrote while I was asleep

Copyright © 2011 by Nada A. Sakher

2 comments:

Mary Sayler said...

Nada, I've been wanting to check the hotlinks posted in The Poetry Editor Group discussion but am just now catching up! Your poems consistently reveal a poetic eye and ear, and I believe your content will also speak well for your readers. Of all the poems, though, I found this one the most accessible, and I love the surprise of the last line! Well done!

Nada Sakher said...

Thank you so much, Mary! Thank you for taking the time to read through my poetry!

Post a Comment